M. Sc. (Adv. Nurs);
Grad.Dip. (Integrative Psychotherapy);
PG Dip (Nurs Ed);
Ursula is a lecturer within the Department of Nursing, Health Sciences and Disability Studies. She is a graduate of Ulster University and Dublin City University with a Masters in Advanced Nursing; Sciences, a Postgraduate Diploma in Nurse Education and a Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy. She has been involved in a number of research projects conducted within the Department. She also has a private psychotherapy practice.
Publication: Key word signing: Parents’ experiences of an unaided form of augmentative and alternative communication (Lámh).Journal of Intellectual Disability
Publication:“Understand me; Believe in me; Accept me as I am.” Perceptions of a Psychiatry of Later Life Service.
Irish Journal of Psychology Medicine. 31(2), 97-106.
Publication: Forgotten grievers: An exploration of the grief experiences of bereaved grandparents (Part 2). International Journal of Palliative Nursing. 2012.18(4) pp179-187
Publication: Forgotten grievers: An exploration of the grief experiences of bereaved grandparents. International Journal of Palliative Nursing.2011. 17(4) pp170-176
Publication: An exploration of the supports received by people with intellectual disabilities who have been bereaved. Journal of Nursing Research. 12(2), 129-144
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Midwifery Board of Ireland. (NMBI)
- Fully Accredited Member of Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (IACP).
- Secretary to the West/NorthWest Regional IACP Committee
- Member of St. Angela’s Academic Council, St Angela’s College
- Member of BNSc Liaison Committee, St. Angela’s College
- Member of Course Committee, St Angela’s College
- Member of the Nursing Practice and Clinical Decision Making Committee
- Member of Practice Partnership Committee