Master of Health Sciences (International Healthcare Management) International Stream
This exciting new full-time Masters programme has been developed as a response to an identified need in international healthcare for a postgraduate programme which focuses on health care management. The purpose of the Master of Health Sciences (International Healthcare Management) is to prepare healthcare professionals to assume the role of managers/leaders in various health care settings globally.
Applications and Selections
Please contact our International Office for an application form. Applications will include a review of academic transcripts; proof of English Language Score and document detailing rationale for undertaking programme and how it will contribute to your practice.
Who Teaches this Course
Requirements and Assessment
- A primary degree (min 2:2) in Nursing or any Healthcare related field
- Minimum of two years post registration Nursing / Healthcare related experience
- Evidence of registration in country of residence (if applicable)
- Completed application form which includes a personal statement
- Original academic documentation & experiential records to support application
- International students will require a degree of fluency in the English language. An overall test score of minimum 6.5 in the IELTS Academic Test is required for direct entry. Due to impacts associated with the Covid-19 Global Pandemic where there is limited availability to IELTS Test Centres globally, candidates may submit a Duolingo Online Test Score. This Duolingo Online Test Score must be 110 or higher. This arrangement is in place only for the September 2021 as an interim measure and Visa applications where candidates present a Duolingo test score will only be accepted by the INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service) during the Covid-19 pandemic emergency period.
One year, full-time
Next start date
A Level Grades ()
31st May 2021
Mode of study
Master of Health Sciences (International Healthcare Management)
The MHSc comprises of 7 modules. The modular programme will be delivered full-time over one calendar year and is worth 90 ECTS.
- Managing Finance in Healthcare Organisations (10 ECTS)
- Principles of Healthcare Leadership (10 ECTS)
- Healthcare Ethics (10 ECTS)
- Healthcare Project Management (10 ECTS)
- Quality and Healthcare Management (10 ECTS)
- Strategic Management and Leadership (10 ECTS)
- Enhancing Evidence Based Practice (30 ECTS)
Following successful completion of the programme students can engage in continuing their lifelong learning. Students may opt to progress further on to the PhD level education.
Details of Progression options are available from the following Interim List of Eligible Programmes for Students studying fulltime in Ireland and who hold a Stamp 2 visa.
Why Choose This Course?
The MHSc prepares healthcare professionals to assume the role of manager/leaders in various health care settings globally. As there is a continued emphasis on corporate governance, fiscal sustainability and leadership accountability, employment opportunities and board positions within this sector will be in demand. Graduates with this knowledge base and skill set will be set to take up these responsibilities and apply this knowledge for the public good.
Why Choose the MHSc (International Healthcare Management) at St. Angela's College?
- Learn to engage in strategic management/leadership planning
- Engage with global management frameworks, theories and tools
- Plan meaningful change in an organisational context
- Engage in proactive healthcare management in differing contexts and cultures
- St Angela’s College, Sligo has a vibrant nursing and healthcare education community and Sligo is a cost-effective place to live while completing your studies.
- Small groups with one on one academic support
- Variety of teaching and learning strategies to facilitate student education and learning including excellent, learning, library and research facilities
- Develop your career opportunities for senior healthcare leadership and management roles
Who’s Suited to This Course
Related Student Organisations
Fees: Student levy
Fees: Non EU
Applicants may qualify for a Non-EU Merit Scholarship up to the value of €2,000 based on the following criteria:
- CV - Academic and Professional record
- IELTS Academic Score of 7.0 or higher
- Personal Statement - Maximum 1 x A4 page/300 words
Expressions of interest for the MHSc (International Healthcare Management) Scholarship are accepted by completing our Online Form
Fees are subject to a yearly review. Fees do not include accommodation or living costs.
Find out More
International Office Manager
St. Angela’s College
Clogherevagh, Lough Gill,
Co Sligo, F91 C634
Telephone: +353(0)71 9143580
International Department Administration
Telephone: +353 71 9135623
See full list of Authorised Agents
What Our Students Say
Deborah Otibhor Agboga | MHSc International Healthcare Management
My experience as an international student in St Angela’s College, Sligo exceeded my expectations. Coming from the BN International programme 2018 into the Masters programme 2019 was quite intensive, however, the lecturers were extremely helpful and approachable. The Campus is beautiful and has a friendly environment with excellent facilities. The education I have received studying in St Angela’s college have undoubtedly increased my confidence and prepared me for a great future in Nursing.
In association with St. Angela’s College Sligo, Student’s Union and The International Office St. Angela’s College Sligo, A College of the National University of Ireland Galway
This video is a detailed Q&A from ALUMNI INSPIRE, a St. Angela’s College Sligo, Student’s Union and The International Office alumni event where the Vice President International St. Angela’s College Sligo Ms. Eman Kamal Ibrahim Ali interviews former Bachelor Nursing (International) and Master Health Science – International healthcare Management Graduates of the college. The two graduates Mr. Obiajulu Vincent Egbuabar and Ms. Uloronke Taofeekat Adeyemo provide valuable and deep insights into their experience during their studies and now as graduates of the college.
In association with Education in Ireland - Enterprise Ireland Nigeria and The International Office St. Angela’s College Sligo, A College of the National University of Ireland Galway
This video is a Q&A from Alumni Perspective a Q&A hosted by Education in Ireland – Enterprise Ireland Nigeria with a student from St. Angela’s College, Sligoduring the Education in Ireland Nigeria, Study in Ireland Virtual Fair March 2021 . In the video former Bachelor Nursing (International) Graduate and current Master of Health Science – International Healthcare Management Student Grace Feyikemi Ayorinde is interviewed by Roseline Balogun, Account Manager Enterprise Ireland Nigeria – Naijalink Limited. Grace speaks at length about her experience coming to Ireland, studying at St. Angela’s College Sligo along with what it’s like to live and work in Sligo, Ireland.