Staff ICT / AV Resources
ICT Security - Important Information re. Working from Home
Secure Remote Working Guidance (Working from Home)
When working while off-campus, it is important for College Staff to do the following to ensure the security and protection of College systems and data:
- Access key resources using official URLs as listed on the Staff Links page
- Work only on official college platforms including Moodle, Kaltura the College email system and the College's Office365 environment which includes OneDrive, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- For sharing of files and online collaboration, use OneDrive and/or SharePoint, both of which can be accessed alongside your email at https://www.office.com
- For online meetings, the recommended and supported platform is Microsoft Teams - this solution is both GDPR compliant and adheres to the College Security Policy. Further information on the use of Teams is available in the Help & Software section on Moodle.
- Don’t use personal email accounts for emails involving college data
- Ensure your computer, laptop, or device, is used in a safe location, where you can keep sight of it, and minimise who else can view the screen, particularly if working with sensitive personal data
- Lock your device if you do have to leave it unattended for any reason. Make sure your devices are turned off, locked, or stored carefully when not in use.
- Take extra care that devices, such as USBs, phones, laptops, or tablets, are not lost or misplaced
- Before sending an email, double-check its addressing to ensure you’re sending it to the correct recipient(s), particularly for emails involving large amounts of data or sensitive personal data
- Avoid retaining duplicate copies of data on your device. Please check that downloaded files are deleted from your computer’s Download Folder / Hard Disk once saved to OneDrive, SharePoint or Network folders and are not retained on devices where they may be visible to unauthorised individuals
- If you are working without cloud or network access, ensure any locally stored data is adequately backed up in a secure manner.
- Saving Files: You should save files to OneDrive this can be done in a number of ways, please see this link for more information. Any files saved to the Documents folder or directly to the hard drive runs the risk of data loss if the hard drive in your laptop fails. While Microsoft do provide robust redundancy for your files saved to OneDrive, as per our ICT Policy “The responsibility for backing up user files remains with the user”.
How do I access ICT Services during College closure?
To access College web services remotely, please visit the Staff Links page
College WiFi (eduroam)
What is eduroam?
eduroam is a service that allows roaming research and educational users to more easily obtain wireless network access at participating sites. When attaching to the eduroam wireless network at the visited site users will be prompted to authenticate and should provide the credentials that they use at their home site. The user is then authenticated against an authentication server at their home site, and if authentication succeeds the user is granted wireless network access.
Further information on eduroam is available from the national eduroam site for Ireland, which identifies eduroam sites in Ireland, and from the central eduroam service website, which identifies eduroam sites worldwide. See www.eduroam.ie/ for more information on member sites.
Who can use the service?
St. Angela’s College is a full eduroam participant offering both:
• A service for St. Angela’s staff/students wishing to use eduroam in other eduroam enabled institutions
• A service to visitors to St. Angela’s from other eduroam enabled institutions who wish to connect to the St. Angela’s wireless network.
Visitors to St. Angela’s College:
Visitors must have their wireless clients configured to use WPA2 with AES encryption and have tested their authentication before arriving onsite. The ICT Help Desk does not provide support for visitors client configuration and visitors must contact their home institution for support.
St. Angela’s College Students and Staff:
The configuration has been tested and is supported on
• Windows 10
• Windows 8
• Windows 7
• iphone and ipad
Window XP is no longer supported
The following are the details that you may need in order to verify compatibility of your wireless device, and to configure your wireless client to avail of the eduroam service on our campus:
Wireless network name (SSID): eduroam
Encryption levels supported:
• AES (some wireless clients list this as an option under "WPA2" or "WPA2 Enterprise")
• TKIP (some wireless clients list this as an option under "WPA" or "WPA Enterprise")
Log-in credentials will be the supplied to you during your orientation. If you have not been provided with your log-in credentials, please contact your Head of Department/Line Manager or Human Resources.
Email (Office 365)
Office 365 Education is a Microsoft Office 365 plan that is available FREE to current College staff. This service will allow you to do the following at no cost:
- Install the latest version of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) on 5 PCs or Macs
- Run Office apps on 5 tablets or phones running Android, iOS, and Windows
- Get 1Tb of cloud storage on OneDrive
- Use the online version of Microsoft Office on any computer. The online version of Microsoft Office does not install software on you device but uses a web browser to access the office applications online.
For instructions on setting up your mobile device to your email account, please see ICT/AV FAQ's
Moodle is the College's Learning Management System (LMS) which allows for the sharing of learning materials, accessing downloaded assignments and is another effective form of communication with students. Log-in credentials will be the supplied to you during your orientation. If you have not been provided with your log-in credentials, please contact your Head of Department/Line Manager or Human Resources. Click here to access
The main printing/photocopying room is located in Áras Bhríde (next to Registration and Exams Office). The code to access the photocopyers/printers will be the supplied to you during your orientation. If you have not been provided with a code, please contact your Head of Department/Line Manager or Human Resources.