Research Project Assistant
Specific Purpose Contract - 0.6 FTE
1 year contract
This role is a dynamic one and will suit an experienced researcher who enjoys learning and working as part of a team and can adapt their knowledge and skills across a range of topics. The role will include data collection and analysis as well as general information gathering, synthesis and reporting across the activities of the Home Economics Department. The successful candidate will be involved in the coordination of a funded research project including organising initiatives to meet the project outcomes. The specific research areas of focus in the initial period will be Responsible and Sustainable Consumption, with a particular focus on food, and Education for Sustainable Development.
Required / Desirable Skills, Qualities and Attitudes:
Candidates likely to be called for interview will have most or all of the following essential requirements:
- A relevant honours primary degree;
- A relevant post-graduate qualification in a related discipline;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with a strong ability to work to agreed deadlines;
- A strong and demonstrable background in qualitative research, including methods of data collection and analysis;
- A good command of quantitative research, including methods of data collection and analysis;
- A robust ability to collect and sort data, analyse diverse sources of information, review and synthesise research, outstanding and versatile writing ability;
- The ability to use initiative, and operate autonomously when needed;
- Highly developed communication skills, with the capacity to use technology and interactive media to its best effect to communicate with the sector;
- A pro-active, positive attitude and the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
This post will be filled on a part-time basis, working three days per week for 12 months as part of the research project team.
Scale: €22,609 - €35,218, 0.6 FTE.
The post will be based at St. Angela's College, Lough Gill, Sligo and some assignments will require attendance at other sites.
Interested applicants should email a letter of application together with a Curriculum Vitae, including the names and addresses of three referees to: email@example.com,
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of information supplied.
Canvassing will disqualify.
St. Angela's College regrets that it cannot refund any expenses incurred by candidates attending for interview.
The successful candidate may be required to undergo Garda Vetting procedures.