Academic Writing Tutor - Irish
Based in the Library Services Department and reporting to the Librarian, this is a part-time post on 5 Month fixed term contract.
The Centre for Academc Writing aims to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to develop and strengthen their research and writing skills;
- Assist students with the development of the competencies required to undertake an essay, project, literature review or research thesis;
- Provide students with language-based support in the preparation of individual works, with a view to developing student's independent writing skills.
Particular emphasis will be placed on the provision of the following services and skills to students
- College online and on-site tutorials (for individual students and groups)
- Workshops based on academic writing
- How to develop good reading and writing habits
- Essay planning and structuring
- How to improve sentence and article structure;
- In-depth reading
- Finding a personal style of writing and creating an argument / persuasion
- How to handle references and literary plagiarism
- Critical thinking and thoughtful writing
- Writing support for postgraduate students
- Other such duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Librarian
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following qualifications, knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- Excellent command of Gaeilge
- Will hold a relevant qualification to the position
- High level of commitment and a flexible approach to work
- An innovative approach to the development of good work practices
- Enthusiastic with excellent organisational and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Highly professional, presentable and personable.
Reporting will be to the Librarian
Commencing in February 2021, this is a 5 month fixed term contract.
The salary corresponding to the post is €20 per hour
The post will be based at St. Angela's College, Lough Gill, Sligo and some assignments will require attendance at other sites.
Interested applicants should email a letter of application together with a Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of information supplied.
Canvassing will disqualify.
St. Angela's College regrets that it cannot refund any expenses incurred by candidates attending for interview.
The successful candidate may be required to undergo Garda Vetting procedures.